Before we usher in a new year, we all would like to have a great time celebrating with loved ones. If you are or want to host a New Year’s Eve party at home this year, we have 10 fun and easy to do ideas that will guarantee you an entertaining and happy new year!
RELATED: 5 Great Year End Party Ideas
- Determine what your theme will be for the party and plan around that. If you don’t have a theme, just set a colour code and hang decorations that compliment that.
- You will most likely still have Christmas decorations, so just add more shimmery and glittering ornaments and decorations for the party. Also, make sure you have balloons, a party is not a party with balloons.
- Plan a dinner that is made up of foods that are easy to prepare but tastes amazing. You can have your dinner before midnight, which will be a traditional supper, or if you choose to do something different have a midnight dinner served buffet style in chaffing dishes.
- You can have an array of savoury and sweet dish platters that your guests can help themselves to. Serve easy desserts after the meal. Ice cream served with lit sparklers, always fabulous!
- Of course, you need to have refreshments. Be sure to cater for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinkers.
- Create a photo booth or photo area where people can take photos throughout the night. Have fun by leaving a bunch of props to make the photos more memorable.
- Board games, karaoke, or drinking games are fun to do and really liven up a party.
- You can find loads of fun and inexpensive ideas for party games to play on Pinterest.
- Get creative and make thoughtful party favours. Instead of serving the midnight toast champagne in champagne glasses, make personalised champagne flutes that your guests can take home after the festivities.
- If you want to save money, make something that is cheap but special like a kids party pack but with interesting little things that will show your appreciation.
And there you have it, a simple easy to plan party that will be a sure fun night for you and all your guests! If this is not your kind of house party, simply have a blowout bash and dance the night away.