In this two part series, you will find simple and interesting ways to make everyday things you do, a little bit easier. Try these out:
- Use bread clips to label your TV and sound system cords so you know what is plugged in.
- Its summer, which means mosquito bites. To stop the itching, place a hot/warm metal spoon on the bite.
- If you have been chopping onions or garlic, deodorise your hands by rubbing toothpaste on them then wash it off.
- If you have run out of shampoo, mix a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda in a cup of water. Wash hair as usual.
- To clean off any chemicals on your fruits and vegetables, put in a sink of water and half a cup of vinegar.
- Clean a sticky iron by sprinkling salt on a hot iron and a brown paper bag then “iron” the iron on the bag to clean it.
- Clean off water stains from your wood furniture by rubbing petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the spot and leave for 24 hours. Wipe down with a dry clean cloth.
- If you have run out of shaving cream, mix a teaspoon of olive oil and your body moisturiser to give yourself a silky smooth and soft shave.
- To get rid of splinters, lay a thin sheath of white glue on the affected area. Allow to dry then simply peel the glue and splinter right off.
- Remove chewing gum from hair by rubbing peanut butter on it.