Let these Chocolate Cheesecake Santa Hats take you on a taste bud adventure of rich and decadent double chocolate cheesecake bites topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
For the Crust
- 1 cup (4.8 oz or 135 g) crushed Oreo cookies *
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pkg (16 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tsp water
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to just warm
- 1 cup cool whip, or whipped cream
- 6 strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes. **
- Reduce heat to 160 degrees C.
- Add the cream cheese and brown sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and continue mixing.
- Add the sour cream, instant coffee, salt, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the mixer and mix until smooth. Do not over mix since over mixing can cause the cheesecakes to crack.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top. There should be enough batter for all 12 cups. If you have any leftover batter, I usually just bake it in little ramekins, makes for a great dessert.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cheesecakes cool completely before removing them from the pan. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for a couple hours so that they set properly.
- Top each cheesecake with cool whip. I used a piping bag to pipe the cool whip easier. You could also use a plastic bag instead of a piping bag. Top the cheesecakes with a strawberry then pipe a bit of cool whip on each strawberry tip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.