These Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy and quick to prepare. They make for the perfect appetizer or snack, it’s like eating pizza without all those carbs.
- 12 to 15 large mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 mini pepperoni links, sliced
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220’C
- If you’re using a cast iron skillet spray it with cooking spray. Arrange the mushrooms in the skillet.
- Fill each mushroom with about 1 to 2 tsp of pizza sauce. Top each mushroom with 1 to 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese, then with 2 or 3 pepperoni slices.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese melts and gets a bit golden on top.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with basil.
Watch the video to see how quick and simple this is to put together.