Here is a super and healthy dish to make quickly.
- 125 ml Italian parsley sprigs
- 125 ml mint leaves
- 125 ml basil leaves
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic
- 2 whole spring onions, sliced
- 30 ml capers, rinsed
- 30 ml cold water
- 125 ml olive oil
- 250 g mixed vegetables of your choice (diced or julienned)
- 500 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese
- 250 ml sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- garlic & herb seasoning salt
- milled black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml rocket or baby spinach leaves
Place the herbs, garlic, spring onions, capers and water in a processor and process finely. Or chop by hand, adding the water afterwards. Slowly whisk in the oil. Set salsa aside until required.
Cook the vegetables until just tender, drain and cool slightly. Place in a mixing bowl. Add the ricotta, Parmesan and tomatoes and season to taste. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into 6 suitable little moulds sprayed with olive-oil non-stick spray. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC for about 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out on the rocket leaves. Drizzle with the salsa Verde and serve.
To read more inspiring recipes, click here