“For years my family has made these delicious onions and they work as a garnish or topping for many other delicious dishes (even pasta) and at holiday events. Some ideas: The onions can be eaten by themselves, served on steak, or mixed into mashed potatoes. “ Says Rob Rives, creator of this amazing recipe
- 2 ½ whole Vidalia onions
- 1 liter Coca-Cola classic®
- 2 Teaspoons steak seasoning (or more to taste)
TOTAL TIME: 35 min
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- In a 9×13 microwave-safe casserole dish, cut whole Vidalia onions into sections 1 1/2 inches in length and around 3/4 inches wide.
- Literally float the cut onions in the Coca-Cola, adding more if necessary to cover all the onions in your dish.
- Add the steak seasoning into the liquid. (Liquid steak seasoning is quite potent and 1 bottle capful is usually enough.)
- Stir once to spread the seasoning.
- Place in microwave and cook for 20 minutes on high or 30 minutes on medium setting. This will produce a soft, sweet caramelized onion with a hint of smoky flavor. It’s easy and effortless.