Tiramisu is a heavenly Italian concoction consisting of among other ingredients espresso, finger biscuits, Mascarpone cheese and chocolate. Follow this easy, traditional tiramisu recipe to make a mouth-watering dessert for your next dinner party.
1 cup strong coffee / espresso (room temperature)
3 tbsp brandy / Frangelico
1/4 cup castor sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
1 cup cream
500g Boudoir biscuits / lady fingers
1 slab dark chocolate, shaved into small pieces
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, Frangelico liqueur and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream till soft peaks form.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into the whip cream.
- In an 8×8-inch glass serving dish layer half of the ladyfingers tightly on the bottom.
- Drizzle half of the espresso over the ladyfingers, trying to saturate them evenly.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle half of the shaved chocolate over the top.
- Layer remaining ladyfingers on top of the shaved chocolate. Again, you are looking to get a nice tight layer.
- Drizzle the remaining espresso over the ladyfingers.
- Spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers. You can either spread it nice and smooth with a spatula OR spread the mixture and create soft peaks for texture and appearance.
- Sprinkle the remaining shaved chocolate on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best results (at least eight hours).
To read more inspiring recipes, click here