Are you wondering whether your man is being unfaithful? According to Dr. Oz, more than 50% of men have cheated on their partners. Infidelity can be physical or emotional, and in the world of new technology, it is easier now than ever before to get caught. There are plenty of ways to find out the truth without snooping or making false accusations. Here are 5 signs he might be cheating:
Trust your gut feelings. If you feel that something is off balance, explore it. Our intuition is very powerful and ought to receive more credit.
When someone engages in the act of cheating, they may feel guilty and deflect that guilt onto you.Deflection can present itself in many ways, such as:
- Avoiding any plans for the future of your relationship. You don’t know where things are headed – he isn’t ready for a big commitment
- Body Language: He avoids making contact with you and seems distant
- Negativity: Picking fights with you and being very critical of your actions
- Mood swings: Moods get carried over from one relationship to the next. He may have become insensitive towards your feelings
- He accuses you of cheating. The ‘blame game’ is a classic sign of deflection
A cheater may use overcompensation as a tactic to deal with having two relationships. Some ex-amples include:
- Feeling guilty when you’re nice. It’s difficult not to feel guilty for cheating on someone when they go out of their way for you.
- Going the extra mile: Suddenly he is complementing you more and buying you gifts. This could be a way to keep you happily unaware and to keep himself feeling less guilty for his actions.
Mystery can be an appealing characteristic and important part of a relationship. In this case, mys-tery refers to unusually shady behaviour, such as:
- Working overtime, all the time: This has got to be one of the oldest signs in the book!
- He stops saying “I love you”
- Covering up his tracks: Deleting messages and making up excuses not to go out
- Covering up your tracks: Removing all visible evidence of you, like your things in the car
- Lack of details when explaining where he has been
- Distant behaviour, possibly going missing for a couple of days at a time
- You haven’t met his family or friends, or an effort is made for contact to be avoided
- Overly protective regarding social media use
Some general tidbits that may be worth noting:
- Narcissist personality, as they generally feel a sense of entitlement
- History of cheating habits
- A new scent on him
- Concern from family or friends
- A Tinder profile that is still active
- Inconsistent behavioural changes, such as a change in appearance or unusual things that are said
Infidelity is common. This article explores general signs he might be cheating to look out for, but is not a foolproof way to determine whether or not someone is being unfaithful.
Written by Shannon Correia