- 4 – 6 skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) sweet thick soy sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
Preheat oven to 190 degrees centigrade.
In a bowl place the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and the flour and whisk together until the sugar has dissolved.
Place your chicken in an ovenproof dish with a lid, add the thyme and the sauce and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, basting the chicken every now and then. If your sauce is not thick enough, remove the chicken and leave the sauce to reduce some more.
To read more inspiring recipes, click here