Try making these delicious and easy to make beef balls!
- 100 g (½ pack) Salticrax crackers, Black Pepper flavour
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 250 ml canned red kidney beans, drained and coarsely mashed
- 125 ml finely sliced green spring onion tops
- 10 ml cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 10 ml coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 65 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- ½ a packet brown onion soup powder
- little sunflower oil for frying
- 125 ml chopped coriander leaves
- 250 ml sweet chilli sauce
Place the crackers and parsley in a processor and process until fine. Transfer mixture to a shallow platter.
Place the mince, beans, spring onion, cumin, coriander, yoghurt and soup powder in a bowl and mix well. Form into walnut-size balls and roll in the crumbs to coat.
Heat a little oil in a large pan and fry the balls until golden brown and cooked through. Drain and sprinkle with the coriander leaves. Serve with the sauce on the side.
Makes 18 – 24
To read more inspiring recipes, click here