A very tasty and healthy summer salad!
- 500 g fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 100 g whole dates
- 125 ml bought Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 125 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 100 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 45 ml chopped onion
- 500 ml baby spinach leaves or tatsoi
- salt and milled black pepper
Cook the broccoli until just done, but still crisp. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Place in a glass mixing bowl and set aside.
Stone and halve the dates. Place in a small saucepan and add the dressing and chilli sauce. Heat gently, remove from heat and pour over the broccoli. Add the flaked almonds and onion. Toss lightly and set aside to cool to room temperature. To serve, add the leaves and toss well. Season and serve
Serves 4 – 6
To read more inspiring recipes, click here