This naughty Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread has cheese stuffed in every crack and is a fun way to serve bread because everyone can just pull off a piece of cheesy onion bread. This would be a great appetizer for a braai or served with a pot of soup just in time for the cooler weather.
- 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
- 12-16 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds(Optional)
- 1 table spoon crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Combine butter, garlic, onion, and poppy seeds. Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.