Just like mom’s warm chicken noodle soup but made with zucchini noodles instead! So comforting AND healthy! Only 227.3 calories. You have all your veggies in one pot, simmering away in all of it’s glory, swapping out traditional noodles for spiralized zucchini noodles (AKA zoodles), and then adding in a squeeze of lemon juice for that hint of refreshing goodness. It’s super cozy, comforting and healthy – except it doesn’t even taste healthy.
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme and rosemary until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Cut Zucchini into desire thichness noodles
- Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Stir in zucchini noodles and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary and parsley, if desired.