Super simple 4 Ingredient Cupcake Frosting Recipe. Well unless you count your colouring then it’s 5. Cupcake frosting that will keep it shape and be sure to be the perfect finish to top any cupcake.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, at room temp
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Cooks Tip: For best results with whipped cream, freeze your mixing bowl and whisk attachment 10-15 minutes before using. Also keep the heavy whipping cream refrigerated until ready to use.
- Whip the cream on high speed (1-2 minutes) until fluffy.
- In a second mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar (start on low speed unless you want to be standing in a cloud of powdered sugar), then beat in ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix. Keep it covered in the fridge until ready to use on these cupcakes.
Find our cupcake recipe here: Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Cupcake Decorating tips here: Cupcake Decorating Tips