The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.
Creativity is…seeing something that doesn’t exist, already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God – Michele Shea
The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up – Pablo Picasso
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. Ideas are the root of creation. It is wise to learn; it is God-like to create
Every time we say, “Let there be!” in any form, something happens – Stella Terrill Mann
10 Creative Rules:
1. The best way to get great ideas is to get lots of ideas and throw the bad ones away.
2. Create ideas that are 15 minutes ahead of their time…not light years ahead.
3. Always look for a second right answer.
4. If at first you don’t succeed, take a break.
5. Write down your ideas before you forget them.
6. If everyone says you are wrong, you’re one step ahead. If everyone laughs at you, you’re two steps ahead.
7. The answer to your problem “pre-exists.” You need to ask the right question to reveal the answer.
8. When you ask a dumb question, you get a smart answer.
9. Never solve a problem from its original perspective.
10. Visualize your problem as solved before solving it.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong – Joseph Chilton Pearce
A moment’s insight is sometimes worth a life’s experience. Become creative – first dream, then create!