4. Country Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
Make sure you have some extra time for this dish to cook. It is easy to make, but allow about 40 extra minutes for it to reach its full, delicious potential in the oven. This recipe makes 4 portions.
• 4 tbls butter
• ½ cup of croutons
• ½ cup cheddar cheese
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tsp mustard
• 1 cup diced bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt the butter in a small casserole dish. Add croutons and sprinkle the cheese over.
3. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard together in a large bowl. Pour it over the croutons and cheese, sprinkle bacon on top.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until the eggs are cooked. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving it with sliced tomatoes and toast.