5. Poached Eggs on Spinach Bed
To make a poached egg is easier than you think, healthier than a fried one and quicker than a boiled egg. This dish will certainly impress your guests around the breakfast table.
• 1 egg for each person
• 1 toast for each person
• 3-4 tblsp vinegar
• Pinch of sea salt
• Whole-leafed, fresh spinach
• 1 slice of bread for each person
1. Cut the spinach roughly. Heat up oil in a pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Bring water to boil in a casserole with vinegar and salt. Turn the heat down so that the water simmers softly.
3. Crack each egg in separate cups and let it slide gently from the cup and into the simmering water. You may use spoons to keep the egg together if you feel like it slides out.
4. Allow about 2 – 4 minutes until the egg is done. Move it over to some kitchen paper to dry them off.
5. Toast bread and dress it with spinach and carrots. Add the poached egg on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
These easy Easter recipes are quick to cook and perfect for a long breakfast. Dress the table with juice, bread and these delicious dishes to make sure no one leaves the table before dinner is ready. Happy Easter!
Written by Marte Klausen