Served with some fresh whole wheat bread, this delicious, quick and easy recipe will keep you warm in the winter months ahead.
What you will need:
600g carrots, peeled and diced into cubes
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cumin
Knob of butter
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 potato, peeled and cubed
5 shallots or 1 large onion, diced
1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
100g greek yoghurt (or plain yoghurt)
Your choice of fresh herbs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Place the diced carrots and garlic in an ovenproof dish. Add the honey, cumin, seasoning (salt and pepper) and mix well.
3. Roast in the oven until caramelised and soft
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the ginger, potato, shallots/onion. Cook until soft.
5. Add the roasted carrot mix to the saucepan and mix well
6. Add the stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
7. Use a stick blender/blender or food processor until a smooth mixture is achieved. Leave to cool
8. Finish the soup off, by adding the yoghurt and sprinkling the garnish on top.
Estimated time: 50 mins