Whether you have been struggling to grow your hair for years, or your new hair cut didn’t turn out quite the way you’d hoped, the waiting process can feel eternal. The tips below explore several ways how you can grow your hair quickly, allowing you to have the long tresses that you’ve been yearning for. How to Grow Your Hair, Quickly!
Related article: Limited Time? Here’s 5 Speedy Hairstyle Ideas!
Your diet plays a major role in having healthy hair. Ensure you have enough iron (helps blood get to constricted hair follicles) and zinc (for the hair’s oil glands). Healthy fats are essential to process vitamins. Vitamins A, B, C and E are useful in building collegian, thereby preventing hair breakage. Vitamin B is particularly important as it provides the body with proteins that aid in keratin production.
You can increase your Vitamin B intake by eating lean meats. Biotin foods (found in nuts, dairy products, fruit, vegetables and oatmeal) are beneficial to hair growth. Multivitamins are a great way to ensure you get all of the nutrients you need. Alternatively, there are several herbal supplements on the market, although you should always consult a doctor first.
View this video by Meg DeAngelis on how to grow your hair fast!
Hair care routines are not to be underestimated when it comes to healthy hair growth. Add the following to yours:
- Brush your hair daily. This will coat your hair in its natural oils, help to remove the strands that are shred and provide better circulation on the scalp by stimulating the hairfollicles. Prevent breakages by using a wide toothed comb.
- If your hair is dry, add more moisture; if your hair is chemically treated, add more protein
- Massage your head with oils (try coconut) to improve circulation
- Get regular treatments and hair cuts
Stress can stunt your hair growth. One way to relieve stress is to practice yoga, which can also improve blood circulation to the head. A healthy lifestyle is reflected in your hair.
Unfortunately, genetics can play a role in hair loss and problems with hair growth. Anaemia, low blood counts, thyroid abnormalities, scalp infections and hormonal imbalances are all issues which may contribute to troubles with hair growth. It may be worth paying a visit to the doctor to rule these out.
There are several home remedies which you can try. Apply these to your hair and see what works for you:
- Onion juice (provides sulphur and boosts the production of collagen)
- Hibiscus (China rose)
- Aloe Vera gel
- Rosemary oil
- Henna (to condition and promote growth)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (to cleanse and maintain PH balance)
What to Avoid
- Horse hair shampoo (it’s too strong for human hair)
- Taking prenatal medication
- Heat damage to the hair
- Styling your hair the same way everyday (as it causes a line of breakage)
- Washing your hair too often
Apply this guide to grow your hair quickly to your life and see the improvements in your hair. It won’t be long before you’re tagging photos with #longhairdontcare.
Written by Shannon Correia