Long distance relationships have been deemed the end of all relationships but this is not necessarily true.
Your relationship is not doomed just because you are miles apart – if it were meant to end it will end even when distance is not what separates you.
Relationships built on honesty, faith, trust and love are able to stand the test of time. A relationship can not only be built on love as a time in every relationship comes when love alone is not enough. This is when other aspects of your relationship need to stand strong so that the relationship can have a fighting chance.
Here are 5 ways to make your long distance relationship work:
1. Communication: this is the most basic way of ensuring that your partner knows that you are trying. Communication has become so much easier over the years as there are more ways of communicating than waiting for a letter to arrive. You can communicate via email, telephone, Skype, Facebook, twitter and other social networks.
2. Visits: This helps to keep the intimacy and physical aspect of your relationship. Sex is a very important aspect in a relationship and should never be taken for granted. The biggest mistake is when couples make it the most important part of a relationship.
3. Honesty: Without honesty there is no trust and if both fail then love means nothing. Being honest with your partner allows for a healthy relationship and gives him room to be honest with you. Total honesty in a relationship leaves very little room for insecurities.
4. Stay out of trouble: Don’t underestimate the power of distance. Sometimes the distance will become unbearable but you both have to focus on surviving. Keeping busy is a good way to stay out of trouble and not end up in someone else’s arms. Lonely partners always attract lonely seekers so don’t make it obvious.
5. Support: support each other. If distance is a result of having to relocate because of a better job opportunity then support your partner and meet each other halfway.
Long distance relationships are not for the faint hearted. They require much more than maturity, honesty, love and trust; they require patience. Patience is an attribute that many lack in a relationship and as individuals. When you find the perfect partner then life will never make sense without them or with someone else. This is when you are able to wait for your partner and making the best memories in a short space of time.
Love is not determined by distance nor is it determined by time but it is determined by your ability to love another through distance and time.
To read more articles on relationships, click here