This is a delicious Jamaican Beanpot recipe that only totals to 8.77 grams of fat per serving. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
450 grams braising steak, diced
450 grams pumpkin, diced
1 chopped onion
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
2.5ml fresh ginger root, chopped
400 grams chopped tomatoes
115 grams corn
250mls beef stock
425 grams chick peas, drained
425 grams red kidney beans, drained
Salt and black pepper
1. Fry the diced beef without fat, in a large casserole dish. Stir to seal the meat
2. Stir in the pumpkin, onion and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes, then add the paprika, garlic and ginger
3. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes
4. Add the chick peas and beats and heat thoroughly.
5. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with couscous or rice.