There are certain male dominated sports that some women do not even consider the idea of trying. In a bid to trying something exciting and also boost your health and fitness, take a walk on the wild side.
Related: 4 Ways to Effectively Beat Stress
Extreme sports such as sky diving, abseiling and motor-biking are some of the sports that most women associate with a certain kind of women: young women who are carefree, daredevils and that are adrenaline junkies.
Because of this misconception, women who fear being labeled something close to “reckless” tend to avoid anything that has to do with extreme sports. Hence missing out on some of the best ways to relieve stress, stay fit and have fun in general.
Advantages of taking on an extreme sport
1. There is just something sexy about a woman, at any age, who has a sense of adventure.
2. Doing something like bungee jumping, sky diving or anything that extreme at least once in your life, is like ticking off something from your own bucket list.
3. It is something that will contribute to an active lifestyle.
4. As the song goes, “This is a man’s world…” having the guts to do extreme sports is one way of “sticking it to the man” and they will respect you for it.
5. It’s pure, undiluted fun! Go on an adventure weekend with your girlfriends and unleash the goddess within.
There are of course a few dangers associated with extreme sports, and that is why it is important for you to get all the proper training before taking it on. For those the sports that do not require serious instructions, be alert and always focus on the sport at hand to avoid injuring yourself.
Do not feel obliged to take part in this kind of sport just because you want to prove a point. If you have a genuine fear such as heights, for example do not attempt skydiving or bungee jumping. If you can’t swim, you can’t go kayaking or surfing – that will be just setting yourself up for failure and disappointment.
The sport you choose to take part of is designed to take your mind away from your problems and whatever that might affect your well-being. Let it all go and focus on the fitness aspect of things.
There are quite a few places available around the country where you can find facilities that offer training and services involved with extreme sports. Ask your partner to go with you or make it a group thing, whatever you choose; it is all about the fun.