A charming dessert of banana, creamy crepes served with an added pirate punch!
RELATED: Smooth Buttermilk Crumpets
1 ½ tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp salt
20g Butter/Margarine Melted
¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp oil or butter
125g Margarine or butter
210g Icing sugar
30ml Lemon juice
½ tsp Cinnamon
3 Large Bananas
Rum and Raisin Ice cream
- Combine baking powder, flour, salt, and the sugar.
- Blend the milk, egg vanilla essence, and melted butter together before adding mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and add 1 tsp of oil or butter for each crepe.
- Pour about 4 Tbsp. into hot pan for one crepe.
- Loosen edge of the crepe and turn it over to cook on other side.
- Place cooked crepes on a plate.
- Complete process until batter is finished.
- Clean the pan.
- In a separate saucepan or smaller pot, melt butter.
- Slowly add milk, icing sugar, cinnamon, and rum to melted butter.
- Pour lemon juice into a small bowl and add sliced bananas to it.
- Stir in the bananas into the sauce. Cook on lowered heat.
- Fold crepes to form triangles ( fold in half then in half again)
- In a clean frying pan, place folded crepes to cover pan.
- Drizzle rum sauce over the crepes and increase to medium heat to cook.
- Pour in bananas and allow heating up completely.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of rum and raisin ice cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Serve: 6 crepes