I don’t know about you, but when I have been at the store and purchasing any type of play dough, slime, gak, or anything ooey gooey its generally expensive and in tiny tiny containers. Now I know not everyone is craft and that is totally ok, but making your OWN slime is so easy that we are sharing a “Perfect Slime Every Time” recipe that can be used as a base for EVERY slime you create.
Flop Proof Slime Recipe
- 4oz of clear glue or 5oz of white school glue
- ½ tsp borax
- 1 cup plus 1tbsp warm water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Cups and craft sticks for mixing
- Pour glue into a cup (red solo cups work great for this), add the tbsp. of water, food coloring and glitter and mix well with the craft stick.
- Add borax to the remaining cup of water and mix until borax is completely dissolved
- Pour the borax water into the glue mixture and stir, stir, stir. Mixture will start to immediately thicken.
- Keep stirring until it’s too thick to stir with the stick.
- When slime becomes too thick to stir, remove it from the water and start kneading with your hands until no longer sticky.
- Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Before you embark on this adventure, know that slime can be messy. I mean, that is the entire point. It’s also super pretty and very tempting to taste. This slime recipe is NOT MEANT TO EAT. Please create with caution as it includes glue and borax, therefore if your children are at an age of swallowing it all or licking fingers, try edible slime recipe below instead;
Edible Slim Recipe
Most slime recipes are non-toxic, but there are only a few you can eat and none that taste as good as this one!
Edible Slime Ingredients
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- food coloring (or you could add a little unsweetened powdered drink mix)
- couple of drops vanilla or other flavoring, if desired
Make the Edible Slime
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir together the milk and cornstarch. Stir and heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the coloring and any flavorings. Allow the slime to cool.
- Enjoy! When you are finished playing with this slime, store it in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Refrigerated slime is good for a day or two. You can clean up the edible slime with warm soapy water. If you added food coloring or drink mix, keep the slime away from surfaces which could be colored, such as carpet or upholstery.