This Pizza Dough is as easy as 1,2,3 — give it time to rise and a couple of kneads and you’re ready to bake. Completely flop proof, once you realize how simple it is to make this dough you will be enjoying crispy homemade pizzas forever.
- 2 packets (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for work surface
- Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water into a large bowl; sprinkle with yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture.
- Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times before using.
And you have a basic pizza dough in just 5 steps. When you are ready to make your pizza simply add on your favorite ingredients and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200’C.
This recipe is a part of our Cooking Basics collection click here to see the fill list of recipes and techniques.