Ever feel like you need a sign or do you wish ‘Mr. Right’ would just fall down from the sky? Ever need assurance other than your personal instincts to know that you’re doing the right thing?
Here are 6 ways to know that you are ready for a relationship:
1. Accept yourself: Putting yourself first is not always selfish but you cannot claim to love another when you do not know how to love yourself. When you love yourself and know yourself then you have more of yourself to share with your partner.
2. Do not compromise yourself: always reach a compromise with each other. Also be careful of not losing yourself in the relationship so much that you can no longer identify with yourself.
3. It takes two to tango: the “blame game” is out of the question because in a relationship it ‘takes two to tango’ so take some responsibility. Do not despair when you both hit rock bottom but always talk and work things out. Relationships are a partnership between two people and both parties have equal rights in the partnership.
4. Leave the past in the past and MOVE ON: Most relationships end when partners start comparing each other to previous relationships that did not work. Some times this is not done intentionally and it usually happens when one has “unfinished business” from the previous relationship.
Your partner will at times find that they have to pay for the mistakes of your past relationships. This is why it is important to get over a past relationship before moving on to the next one because you only end up hurting your new partner with your past relationship baggage.
5. Take a leap of faith: Trust yourself enough to let someone else love you. There is no recipe for the perfect relationship as there is no such thing as the perfect relationship.
The key is finding someone and doing the best you can to be perfect for each other. Do not try and change your partner but accept them as they are and love them no less.
6. Keep the fire burning: The truth is that most relations fail because both parties stop doing what they did to pursue the other. Women are known to get very comfortable in a relationship. Though being comfortable around your significant other is fundamental for a relationship to work, it can also cause the end of a relationship.
If you are willing to follow and abide by these 6 ways then you are almost guaranteed the perfect relationship.
Ready? Steady? It’s time.
To read more articles on relationships, click here