One of the biggest looks for this season is sports luxe, and no, this does not mean you can wear you gym clothes on your night out.
It’s all about incorporating the active wear element, together with key items, to create a stylish yet comfortable outfit.
Many designers have been showing us great ways to incorporate this trend into our wardrobe, their inspiring collections on the runway remind us that the key is to keep it simple.
• If you choose to wear a jogger, go for ones that have a tapered legs or some detail.
• Choose dresses in cotton, sheer or relaxed fabrics, as well as tunic style dresses – you want to stay away from a very fitted silhouette.
• Bomber jackets are a great way to incorporate the sports luxe trend, you could pair them with skirts or pants to achieve the look.
• Swap your boots for skater flats.
• Leather detailing in either pants, skirts or jackets is in.
• Panels of sheer material work well too.
• Incorporate neutral colour stilettos, wedge sneakers and block heels.
• Pencil skirts with oversized tops or T-shirts.
• Colour blocking and piping are great to achieve the sport feel.
The great thing about the sports luxe trend is that once you’ve mastered the art of putting an outfit together, it can be worn for a day out, or a night on the town.
Remember that the key to wearing this trend well is to keep it simple and minimalistic. Choose one piece well and base your outfit around that. This is definitely going to be a trend you will love.
Erin’s Blog: www.dressyourbest.co.za