Trafalgar has released its most comprehensive Americas programme so far, with the 2016 The Americas brochure consolidating the USA, Canada, Central and South America into one singular brochure.
Related article: 10 of SA’s Top Coffee Shops
Offering even more choice when it comes to experiencing the Americas like a local, the global leader in guided holidays is showcasing over 60 itineraries, more than 160 Insider Experiences and seven completely new guided holidays, taking guests even deeper and giving them access to experiences they wouldn’t be able to find if travelling on their own.
Theresa Szejwallo, Managing Director, Trafalgar South Africa says: “Trafalgar is the only operator to share live, unedited reviews from our guests through our partnership with independent review company Feefo. By bringing our guest experience to the forefront, agents can use over 12,000 guest reviews to inspire their clients and help close the sale. We’re also proud to have recently won Feefo’s five-star gold trusted merchant status for consistently achieving over 95% satisfaction.” continued Szejwallo.
Affirming its commitment to supporting local communities in the destinations it visits, Trafalgar has also highlighted the numerous projects it is involved with under the banner of #TrafalgarCares. From supporting local artisans in Peru to working alongside not-for-profit organisations on conservation projects such as the Grizzly Bear and Discovery Centre at Yellowstone National Park, guests will be able to learn and immerse themselves in #TrafalgarCares initiatives and know they are giving back to the communities they are visiting.
Featured itineraries for 2016 The Americas programme includes:
- The 14-day East Coast USA & Canada guided holiday priced R49 200 per person – twin share (land only) – guests will stay in Authentic Accommodation at Boston’s Omni Parker House, made famous in the summer of 1953 when John F. Kennedy’s proposed to Jackie O. Savings of up to R5250 per person are available when clients book and pay by 27 November 2015.
- The 10-day Tastes and Sounds of the South guided holiday priced from R35 500 per person – twin share (land only) – guests will travel through Nashville, Memphis, Natchez and New Orleans and enjoy Insider Experiences such as exclusive Be My Guest dining experience at two period homes with Joe Stone and celebrated American chef, Esther Carpenter. New in 2016, guests can also extend their trip to include a 7-night American Queen Mississippi River Cruise, attend the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival or join in on Mardi Gras celebrations throughout February.
- The 16-day Secrets of Panama and Costa Rica guided holiday priced from R66 300 per person – twin share – guests will enjoy the culture, contrasts and epic landscapes of Panama and Costa Rica as they venture from the capital to the coast via Gamboa, Rio Perdido and Carillo Beach. This trip includes internal flights between Panama City and David, plus Panama City and San Jose. Save up to R6491 per person when booked and paid for by 27 November 2015.
Also for 2016, Trafalgar has also added four new Hidden Journeys to its Americas portfolio following the successful launch of this trip style into the market in 2015. Dedicated to smaller groups of up to 26 guests and exploring lesser visited places, the new Hidden Journeys guided holidays include the Secrets of Panama and Costa Rice (as above) plus:
- 10-day Secrets of Rockies and Glacier National Park Hidden Journey taking guests on a less-explored route through Calgary, Waterton, Glacier National Park, Lake Louise, Jasper, Columbia Icefield and Banff National Park to reveal the laid-back cities and spectacular sceneries of western Canada. Priced from R46 400 per person – twin share with savings of up to R6070 per person available.
- 12-day Secrets of Newfoundland and Labrador Hidden Journey discovering the cultures of Canada’s neighbouring provinces travelling from St John’s to Iceberg Alley. Guests will meet a resident local in Corner Brook, Newfoundland, who’ll share stories of Captain Cook and this historic city. Priced from R64 950 per person –twin share with savings of up to R6 495 per person available.
- Nine-day Secrets of Ecuador Hidden Journey exploring the active volcano at the heart of Cotopaxi National Park in Ecuador. Guests will also join the Jarrin family for an exclusive Be My Guest dining experience tasting local treats like ‘llapingachos’ and cheesy potato cakes and stay at a restored 17th century hacienda once owned by King Phillip III of Spain. Priced from R28 500 per person twin share with savings of up to R2990 per person available.
Travellers can save up to 10% across Trafalgar’s 2016 The Americas programme with Early Payment Discounts of up to R10 896 per person available when they book and pay in full before 27 November, 2015. Past passenger discounts of 5% per person (land only) are also available for travellers who have previously travelled with The Travel Corporation’s family of brands. Group and family discounts and triple share room discounts may also apply. All guests who book an Americas guided holiday with Trafalgar will also receive a beautifully branded cabin bag for their trip.
For more information on Trafalgar, please contact your ASATA travel agent, call (011) 280 8440 or visit.trafalgar.com and follow us on Twitter at @TrafalgarSA and Facebook.
To find out more information, contact your area sales manager or visit www.trafalgar.com.
Trafalgar is the world’s leading guided holiday company offering exceptional quality and value to a range of exciting destinations. With nearly 70 years of experience and unrivalled local expertise, Trafalgar provides an authentic insider’s view to create truly unique travel experiences in Europe, Britain and Eastern Mediterranean, Australia and New Zealand, China, Mexico, Central and South America, Asia, the USA and Canada.
About The TreadRight Foundation
Created as a joint initiative between The Travel Corporation’s family of brands, the TreadRight Foundation is a not-for-profit working to ensure the environment and communities we visit remain vibrant for generations to come. The foundation’s guiding principle is to encourage sustainable tourism development through conservation, leadership and support for communities.
TreadRight’s past project partners include WWF, Conservation International and The National Trust in the UK. Current initiatives include sponsoring the National Geographic Society’s inaugural “World Legacy Awards,” helping to combat wildlife crime with WildAid, and empowering individuals with the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise.
To learn more about our past and current work at TreadRight, please visit us at treadright.org.
Media Contact:Amanda Hardy
T 011 – 280 8401 or 083 308 7447