Pinterest is one of the world’s biggest social networking sites. It is a virtual pin board where you can collect, organise and share things that you find interesting and inspiring. If you have many interests and hobbies, or an emerging business, Pinterest is for you. Master Pinterest using this ultimate guide.
Related Article: 5 Tips to effectively use WhatsApp
What It’s About
Whether you use the site for fun, business, or specific purposes, you will find that there are a large variety of categories to choose from. These include animals, art, celebrities, design, education, recipes, interior decor, quotes, travel, health, music, DIY, event planning, fashion, hair and beauty, sports, tattoos, kids and weddings. Pinterest is a great site to connect and engage with people, be creative and discover new things.
Pinterest allows for users to share their own images, memes, videos, illustrations, or source them. Sources can be from Pinterest or another website. The site itself is easy to navigate.
Start off by creating a profile. You can use an email address, Facebook or Twitter profile to sign up (by linking your account, you will find it easier to find friends and brands that you like). Sign up is quick, hassle free and only requires limited information.
How It Works
Once you have created a profile, it’s time to start pinning (any image or video posted is called a pin). You can create multiple boards, which are customisable and organised into a particular category. You can ‘like’ pins and re-pin them onto your own boards, as well as comment and follow boards or people. Find people to follow by filtering ‘pinners’ by category. Your feed or homepage is a main board which shows you content from the people you follow. Find new content by searching for it; the ‘Popular’ category showcases what is trending, while the ‘Everything’ link links to everything.
Good to Know
- There can be several contributors to a board, which is great for collaborations
- Boards can be made public, or secret. Secret boards can only be viewed by you and people who you have authorised to view them. Use secret boards when planning a surprise party, gift, guilty pleasure or simply personal content
- Pinterest is available for browser, app and mobile use. By installing “Pin It”, you are able to easily pin content from external websites by simply clicking on the icon in the bookmark section
- Lookout for special events by Pinterest, such as ’30 Days of Pinsperation’
- credityour content sources by inserting links to avoid copyright issues
- You are able to provide links to your blog, website or other social networking sites
- There is a gifts menu, with budget filters and links to websites for online shopping
Now that you have the ultimate guide detailing the ins and outs of Pinterest, you are well on your way to mastering it. Feel inspired by all that it has to offer and use it to keep all of your interests on one, easy to use and manageable site.
Written by Shannon Correia