Learn how to make a western-style chakalaka which is healthy and tasty with a spicy bite. This is a great and simple recipe, which takes no time at all, and is great for accompanying your braai meat.
1 clove Garlic
5 big carrots (grated)
1 tin baked beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4 tablespoons oil
2 tsp Curry powder
125 ml cream
How to make Chakalaka:
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft.
2. Add the garlic and chillies.
3. Add the curry powder and stir to combine.
4. Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and stir until coated in the curry powder.
6. Add in the tomatoes and stir.
7. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
8. Remove from the heat and add the baked beans, fresh coriander and cream. It should be a nice thick consistency.
To read more inspiring recipes, click here