Just in time for Braai-Day, this Mielie bread is the perfect side to your braai dish, or added for a tasty packed lunch.
Preparation: 15 minutes Baking Time: 35 minutes Serving: 1 Loaf
875ml Self –Raising Flour 125g Melted Butter
125ml Meilie Meal 3 Large Eggs
Pinch of salt 400g Sweet Corn
250ml Grated Cheddar Cheese 310ml Milk
• Grease a 30cm bread tin or 25cm flat potjie pot (if baked on braai.)
• Turn on oven to 180oC and allow for preheating. For potjie pot, prepare medium to hot coals on braai.
• Whisk together the milk, butter, and eggs until frothy.
• In a separate bowl, mix in the dry ingredients.
• Add in the milk mixture into the dry ingredients then stir in the cheese and sweet corn.
• Pour into bread tin or potjie pot and spread out evenly.
• Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes. Cover the pot with a lid and put a few coals on top of the lid then the place potjie over coals. Bake for 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
• Allow to cool for 10 minutes then turn onto baking rack.
• Slice and serve.